Date: April 22 (Tue) – 25 (Fri), 2014
Organized by OPTICS & PHOTONICS INTERNATIONAL Council
Venue: Pacifico Yokohama (Yokohama, Japan)
Specialized International Conference Organized by
- The Laser Society of Japan, Center for Optical Research and Education, Utsunomiya University
- Akasaki Research Center (ARC) Nagoya University, Atomic Energy Society of Japan
- The Micro Solid-Sate Photonics Group of The Laser Society of Japan
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- Keidanren (Japan Business Federation)
In cooperation with
- The National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
- New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO)
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- The Japan Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA)
- The Japan Society of Plasma Science and Nuclear Fusion Research (JSPF)
- The Optical Society of Japan
- Advanced Laser and Process Technology Research Association (ALPROT)
- Optoelectronic Industry and Technology Development Association (OITDA)
- Japan Photonics Council (JPC)
- Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Institute for Laser Council
- SPIE (USA)
- OSA (USA)
- Landesmesse Stuttgart GmbH (Germany)
- PIDA (Taiwan)
- KAPID (Korea)
- Photonics Media (USA)
The objective of OPIC is to help lead society and technology in a positive direction by co-locating the Congress and the Exhibition and gathering worldwide the most advanced technologies on optics and lasers. OPIC/OPIE is the only annual international event on optics and photonics to develop the related industries in Japan through the cooperation of both laser industry and laser academia. This event was initiated at Pacifico Yokohama in April 2012 as the annual meeting, and the 3rd OPIC will be in April 2014.
The number of international conferences and attendees of OPIC has been increasing year by year. OPIC 2014 will be held to position photonics and lasers as the key technologies for the worldwide future industry.
Co-located with the 9th Asia Pacific Laser Symposium (APLS2014)
Organized by The Laser Society of Japan, Optical Society of Korea, and The Chinese Optical Society
Date: April 21-25, 2014
Plenary SessionsTuesday 22 April
Organizer Greeting ： OPIC2014 Organizing Chair Sadao Nakai
President of Laser Society of Japan, Osaka University Professor Emeritu, Japan
Keynote Speeches by Congress Chairs
- 1) VCSEL Photonics -Small and Smart- ： Kenichi Iga, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Former President, Japan
- 2) Accelerator on a Chip and the Path to Coherent X-rays ： Robert L. Byer, Stanford University, USA
- 3) Optical Tweezers as an Engineering Tool ： Andreas Ostendorf, Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany
High-Field Laser and High Energy Physics ： Atsuto Suzuki, KEK, Director General, Japan
- 1. Advanced laser (ALPS) ： Fumihiko Kannari, Keio Univ.
- 2. Optical manipulation (OMC) ： Takashige Omatsu, Chiba Univ.
- 3. Laser Damage (PLD) ： Takahisa Jitsuno, Osaka Univ.
- 4. Laser Ignition (LIC) ： Takunori Taira, IMS
- 5. Bio-imaging (BISC) ： Toyohiko Yatagai, Utsunomiya Univ.
- 6. Industrial Appl. of LED (LEDIA) ： Hiroshi Amano, Nagoya Univ.
- 7. High Energy Density Science (HEDS) ： Ryosuke Kodama, Osaka Univ.
- 8. Laser & Synchrotron Radiation (LSC) ： Hiroshi Azechi, Osaka Univ.
- 9. Laser Processing (SLPC) ： Reinhart Poprawe, Fraunhofer Inst. for Laser Tech., Germany
ConferencesTuesday - Friday 22 - 25 April
The nine international conferences will be held simultaneously.
Conference Chair : Fumihiko Kannari, Keio Univ.
Sponsored by The Laser Society of Japan
Conference Chair : Toyohiko Yatagai, Utsunomiya Univ.
Sponsored by Center for Optical Research and Education, Utsunomiya University
Conference Chair : Ryosuke Kodama, Osaka Univ.
Sponsored by The Laser Society of Japan
Conference Chair : Hiroshi Amano, Nagoya Univ.
Sponsored by Akasaki Research Center (ARC), Nagoya University
Conference Chair : Takunori Taira, Institute for Molecular Science (Japan)
Sponsored by Japan Society for Laser Surgery and Medicine
Conference Chair : Hiroshi Azechi, Osaka Univ.
Sponsored by Inst. of Laser Eng. Osaka Univ.
Conference Chair ：Takashige Omatsu, Chiba Univ.
Sponsored by Japan Society of Applied Physics
Conference Chair ：Takahisa Jitsuno, Osaka Univ.
Sponsored by SPIE, Inst. of Laser Eng. Osaka Univ., SIOM Chinese Academy of Science
Conference Chair ：Yasuhiro Okamoto, Okayama Univ.
Sponsored by Japan Laser Processing Society
- Kenichi Iga Tokyo Institute of Technology, Former President
- Robert L. Byer Chair, Stanford University, USA
- Andreas Ostendorf Professor, Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany
International Advisory Board
Chiyoe Yamanaka Professor Emeritus, Osaka University
- Isamu Akasaki Special Professor Emeritus, Nagoya University
- Yoshiaki Arata Professor Emeritus, Osaka University
- Kazuhiko Atsumi Professor Emeritus, The University of Tokyo
- Ryoji Chubachi President, AIST
- Teruo Hiruma Chairman of the Board, Hamamatsu Photonics K. K.
- Shojiro Matsuura President, Japan Atomic Energy Agency: JAEA
- Michiharu Nakamura President, Japan Science and Technology Agency: JST
- Yasuharu Suematsu Tokyo Institute of Technology, Former President
- John Collier Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, UK
- Jongmin Lee Distinguished Professor, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), Korea
- Edward Moses Associate Director, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
- Gerard Mourou Director, Laboratoire d'Optique Apliquee, École Nationale Supérieure de echniques Avancées, France
- Reinhart Poprawe Director, Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology, Germany
- Jie Zhang President, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
Sadao Nakai President, The Laser Society of Japan
- Yasukazu Izawa Director, Institute for Laser Technology
- Seiji Katayama Osaka University President, Japan Laser Processing Society
- Makoto Kikuchi President, Japan Society for Laser Surgery and Medicine
- Toyohiko Yatagai Utsunomiya University Vice President, SPIE
- Masanobu Watanabe AIST President, The Optical Society of Japan
- Hiroshi Amano Nagoya University
- Hiroshi Azechi Director, Institute of Laser Engineering, Osaka University
- Tsutomu Hara Director, Hamamatsu Photonics K. K.
- Mitsutoshi Hatori Professor Emeritus, The University of Tokyo
- Takahisa Jitsuno Osaka University
- Fumihiko Kannari Keio University
- Yoshiaki Kato President, The Graduate School for the Creation of New Photonics Industries
- Ryosuke Kodama Osaka University
- Naoshi Kondo Kyoto University
- Nobuyuki Kondo Chairman, Japan Importers Association of Lasers and Electro-Optics
- Kazuo Kuroda Utsunomiya University
- Katsumi Midorikawa RIKEN
- Tetsuya Miki The University of Electro-Communications
- Kunioki Mima The Graduate School for the Creation of New Photonics Industries
- Minoru Obara Professor Emeritus, Keio University
- Hitoshi Ogata Mitsubishi Electric
- Yasuhiro Okamoto Okayama University
- Takashige Omatsu Chiba University
- Nobuyuki Osakabe Hitachi, LTD
- Yuji Sano Toshiba Corporation
- Takunori Taira Institute for Molecular Science
- Mitsuo Takeda Utsunomiya University
- Ken-ichi Ueda The University of Electro-Communications
Yoshiaki Kato President, The Graduate School for the Creation of New Photonics Industries
Kazuhisa Yamamoto Osaka University
- Fumiteru Akamatsu Osaka University
- Masayuki Fujita Institute for Laser Technology
- Tomonao Hosogai Osaka University
- Miya Ishihara National Defense Medical College
- Shigeru Kawai Opt E-College
- Kou Kurosawa Japan Science and Technology Agency
- Yusuke Mori Osaka University
- Hiroaki Nishimura Osaka University
- Koichi Nishizawa Tokyo University of Science, Suwa
- Shuji Sakabe Kyoto University
- Masahiro Tsukamoto Osaka University
- Kunihiko Washio Paradigm Laser Research, Inc.
- Shigenori Yagi The Laser Society of Japan
Plenary Session is scheduled on Tuesday 22 April.
FURTHER INFORMATION (SUBMISSION OF PAPERS, POSTER SESSION, POST DEADLINE PAPERS, REGISTRATION, EXHIBITION)
Visit http://opicon.jp/ for the latest information on the congress.
|Before/On Mar. 20, 2014||After Mar. 21, 2014
|Conference (General)||JPY 40,000-||JPY 45,000-|
|(Student, Retiree)||JPY 18,000-||JPY 21,000-|
|Before/On Mar. 20, 2014||After Mar. 21, 2014
|Conference (General)||JPY 45,000-||JPY 50,000-|
|(Student, Retiree)||JPY 21,000-||JPY 23,000-|
Includes attendance at APLS2014 on 21 April
OPIC2014 has received financial support from the following organizations
- The Watanabe Memorial Foundation for the Advancement of technology
- The Amada Foundation
- Research Foundation for the Electrotechnology of Chubu
- Nippon Sheet Glass Foundation for Materials Science and Engineering
- Konica Minolta Science and Technology Foundation
- Inoue Foundation for Science
- Supported by the Commemorative Organization for the Japan World Exposition(`70)
LOCATION OF CONGRESS
OPIC2014 takes place at Pacifico Yokohama
Yokohama city, Kanagawa prefecture, JAPAN
From Narita Airport: 90 minutes by bus, 100 minutes by train
From Haneda Airport: 20 minutes by car, 40 minutes by bus
30 minutes by train
Yukio Ogura, Kiichi Kubota, Naoki Ueno
Sanken Bldg., 5-5 Shin Ogawamachi,
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-0814 Japan
TEL +81-3-5228-3541, FAX 81-3-6229-7253